• Matisse Thybulle ∧ 18
• Mfiondu Kabengele ∧ 15
• Ty Jerome ∧ 15
• Charles Bassey ∨ 10
• Ignas Brazdeikis ∨ 9
• Tre Jones ∨ 12
News and Notes:
• The Mcdonald’s All American game was last night, click here to see our recap of the night.
• Nebraska fired their coach Tim Miles, after an up and down tenure in Lincoln with a record of 116-114. An interesting side note (Not to Miles) is that he will be paid $105,000 per month thru March of 2021. Mike Anderson was fired from Arkansas after a record of 169-102. BYU coach Dave Rose announced that he was retiring with a record of 348-135 in his time leading the Cougars. On the other side of things, Steve Prohm was extended until 2025 at Iowa State. UNLV hired South Dakota State coach T.J. Otzelberger as their head coach. he went 70-33 in three seasons in South Dakota. Alabama hired Nate Oats as their new head coach. In his time at Buffalo he took a program that Bobby Hurley has set up well, and continued to grow the program. Oats was 96-43 in Buffalo, and the Bulls made the second round of the tournament the last 2 seasons. Washington State hired San Francisco coach Kyle Smith as their new coach, after going 63-30 at the mid major. St. Joseph’s has hired 76ers assistant Billy Lange as their new head coach.
• The sweet sixteen begins tonight, click to here to read our preview of tonight’s games and here for our Friday games preview.
• Jalen Mcdaniels announced his intent to declare for the draft and hire and agent, as well as Yoeli Childs. Mcdaniels could is a possible first round pick, while Childs may be looking at the second round or possibly going undrafted.
• Virginia Tech senior Ty Outlaw was arrested for marijuana possession. He averages 8.7 points, 5.4 rebounds for the season. Outlaw has been playing almost 30 minutes per game this year, so he is key to their depth when they play Duke. Virginia Tech has already announced he will play in tonight’s game.
• Still no word on whether or not PJ Washington will be on the floor when Kentucky takes on Houston Friday night. The Wildcats could still win the game without their star power forward, but they will definitely need him back if they get the win and end up facing North Carolina.